The expeditions in No Man’s Sky will continue under the name Emergence in autumn 2021. Our guide summarizes what you can expect there and which period you have to consider.
No Man’s Sky: Expedition 4 is called Emergence and brings worms into play
After the introduction of Expeditions was well received by NMS players, there is now a step further with Expedition 4:
- Emergence is the first expedition that follows a story and is also a small update of the whole game.
- The expedition itself is about giant sandworms that pose a threat to the planets.
- The expedition community is stranded on the dusty planet Wasan and has to deal with the problem with the Titan worms there.
- However, it is not just Wasan that is affected. The worms are active on other planets and are increasingly polluting the galaxy with their dust. This means all the more work for the expedition.
- A mysterious secret also comes into play during the adventure. This is related to the worms.
Since several different types of worms were introduced with the expedition, in addition to the hostile giant worms, you will also find those that can be tamed and ridden. Expedition 4 started on October 20, 2021 and will run for five weeks.